Monday, March 16, 2009

Special Olympics in the Cold

Saturday the Special Olympics were held in Katy. The youth from our church have run this event for the past 17 years. It was a cold rainy day. I kept waiting for Dale to call me and tell me it was cancelled due to weather. After waiting for a few hours I decided they were playing through it. I grabbed my camera and left. Well, I got there for the last relay event. Because of the weather not all the teams showed up so it went a lot faster. I did get there in time for lunch. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the kids helping out. I got a bunch last year. The kids love to help with this and I love to watch all the kids who participate in the events and how happy they are whether they are 1st or last. They always help me keep thing in perspective. Here are a few pictures of the kids trying to stay warm.

Brittney is the one with the blue blanket.

Matthew is the tallest one.

Makenzie and Dale enjoying KFC

My girls

3 comments:

grandma/mom said...

What a great opportunity for the youth.

grandma/mom said...

Your kids are such good kids and you are so supportive. Carolyn

grandma/mom said...

What a great opportunity for the youth.