Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy 18th Birthday Matthew

Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday that Matthew was a little boy. He has turned out to be a wonderful young man and a great son that any parent would be proud to have. Here is a picture video of the last 18 years, it's kind of long and there is no music(I couldn't get it to add the music and finally gave up). You will notice that a lot of the pictures are from his trip to Philmont Scout Ranch and football. They were a big part of his life. A few tears were shed when putting this together. Matthew is a great son, brother and friend and will be missed when he goes off to BYU. We have truly been blessed to have Matthew as our son. We love you and Happy Birthday!!

Note...I'm so thankful for digital cameras! I had to scan all the pictures from the first 8 years of his life plus all the school pictures.

3 comments:

grandma/mom said...

I shed a few tears myself. I guess it reminded me so much of our boys and how hard it is to let them go. You have been great parents and we hope we get to know Matthew better.
Carolyn

Marti said...

Carolyn, I'm so happy that he will have you and your family there in Provo, it makes me feel a little bit better sending him off.

needlenut said...

What a special young man. You have done a great job in raising him to be an outstanding person. We love him lots and hope he has a great birthday.