Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Alligator Park

Yesterday I was able to go biking at Brazos Bend State Park, aka, The Alligator Park with Juliann Pelton and Andrea Thompson. I've known Juliann for almost a year as she is fairly new to the Ward and I just met Andrea as she is really new to the Ward. It was kind of cool and cloudy when we started off, but as the morning turned into afternoon, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. We rode bikes for 3+ hours and stopped to take pictures of the scenery and the alligators.It was hard to spot the alligators when it was cloudy because they just hid in the water, Juliann was good at spotting their eyes peeking out of the water though. As the sun came out, so did the alligators. We were hoping to see at least 10, but saw over 20. It was a good day for spotting those gators! I really don't ride my bike too much, so my but was a little sore from the seat and I got shin splints, crazy! I just iced my shins and they feel pretty good today and they didn't bother me on my run. I guess I should ride my bike more. I took all these pictures on my phone. I really wish I had brought my good camera and lens!

Juliann, myself and Andrea

A gator peeking up above the water



Looking at the landscape from a tower



There was a big black gator just on the edge of the shore, don't know if you can see it.








A baby alligator

There's a big gator in the middle of the water

There are 2 gators sunning themselves on that narrow bank

Add caption


You really cant see them, but there were 4 good sized gators where the water and the green stuff meet in the middle of this picture. This is why I wish I had lugged my good camera along with me.

No comments: