Saturday, April 24, 2010

Matthew and the Temple

Well, our kids are getting older and it felt that way today. It was a beautiful day for Matthew to go through the Temple for his first time. When we arrived at the Houston Temple this morning, Dale looked at me and asked me if I was ready for this? I told him no. Later we agreed that we were not old enough to have a child going through the Temple, but that is only wishful thinking. I can't put into words all the emotions I felt today. I can say I am grateful for a son who is worthy and willing to serve a mission and his willingness to want to go through the Temple as soon as he got home from school. As we left the Temple, Matthew thanked us for taking him and Dale thanked him for his willingness to go. Dale and Matthew


Matthew and Marti


It was a beautiful day!







4 comments:

Karen said...

What a neat experience for you family, thanks for sharing :)

Elizabeth said...

so...so...special. Sounds like a parent payday to me.

grandma/mom said...

I can't say it enough that this is such a special time for your whole family. Enjoy the moment. Matt is such a great kid. A mission just seems to mold and polish.

Kristina and Tyson said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures and such a handsome/beautiful family! What a neat thing...Matt is just a stud!