Friday, March 16, 2012

Trek 2012

Makenzie and Jacob left for Trek yesterday morning. I was driving , so we left the house at 4:30am to go get the rest of the kids going in my car. We then headed to the church to check in and they had a short meetin where Brigham Young addressed them. It was 5:45 before we hit the road, but not until we stopped to get some kolaches, a good carb load up for the Trek ahead. It took about 3 hours and 15 minutes to get to the trek site. I had to wait until all the cars got there before I could return home, since the road was really muddy and only one car could get through without getting stuck in the mud. Hope they have a good time even though they weren't super excited.
Which Trekkies look the happiest, the 2008 Trekkies or the 2012 Trekkies?
The kitchen is still the same after 4 years.
Our kids do look alike!

All the waterproofed shoes.
They will need it! It's not suppose to rain, but it was really wet up there from the rains the week before

Jacob still looking excited

Off Makenzie goes

Makenzie with some girls from our ward


The handcarts lined up and ready to go.
Jacob is reallly wanting the wagon and team of horses about now.

Are we having fun yet?


Makenzie and her friend Hope

There were puddles like this everywhere

The road leading out after the muddiest part of the road had past, but still muddy

This is the terrain they will be trekking through

This is a piece of hardtack I made. I made a bunch of it. It's made with flour salt and water and believe me, it is hard. I dropped a piece on the floor and it didn't break, but I think it might have cracked the tile.
I think the kids get this the first night with some broth. YUM...not!
 I hope they get it with some liquid or they are going to have a bunch of broken teeth.
The joys of trek. 
 

No comments: