Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Observations

I've come to realize, through observation during my runs, that people don't pay attention to school signs, but they do pay attention if there is a police car around. For example,this morning, the school zone wasn't even going to begin for another 35 minutes, but there is a cop car there so everyone slows down to 20. They zip through there during school zone time(flashing light sign) when there is no cop. And I guess people can't read the signs that say no cell phone use while in the school zone, up to a $200 fine. On my way home from my run this morning, they were enforcing this. They may have been going 20 but they were on their phones and they were getting pulled over. I just want to know who is everyone talking to at 8 am in the morning. I can see the occasional emergency, but I don't think all these call are emergencies. And having said that, a lot of these people are taking their kids to school, why not talk to your kids. This is my rant for the day. By the way, is was a beautiful morning here in the Houston area, and had a nice run despite the idiots on the road!

No comments: