Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The things Jacob will do to get out of camping

Jacob is not exactly our scouter. He was suppose to have a camping trip on Friday, the 11th. When he woke up for school he was complaining of a headache. I gave him some Motrin and took his temp. His temp was normal so I sent him to school even though he didn't look very good. I think he is just trying to get out of this campout for 2 reasons, #1- it was going to get down in the teens overnight, something we are not used to and #2- was his best friends team was playing in a championship basketball game that he was going to miss. I should have been more alert to how he was feeling when I saw that he was also wearing long pants, something he never wears except to church. Well a few hours later I get a call from the school, he has a temp of 102. I go and get him and then he starts to throw up and continue with the fever. Anyways, he missed the campout and his friends game.

So instead of camping in this:

 He camped out on this all weekend.

1 comment: