Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm alright





















Good morning. I just had to wake my little guy up for Football camp. He is really dragging. He not only has football camp this week but also cub scout camp in the evening. He hasn't gotten a lot of sleep. Matthew has his last day of fitness camp today. The girls have their last basketball game today. We won't have any more sports or practices for 3 weeks. We spend lots of time at the kids games. I thought of naming my blog "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". I really do enjoy attending my kids events, especially their sporting events, I'm alright with it. That brings me to the title of my blog. People always ask me how I get my kids every where and tell me they feel sorry for me. Don't feel sorry for me, I chose to have these kids and I choose to let them particpate in these activities. Heck, my mom and mother-in-law each had 6 kids and they did just fine. Last time there was a "Time Out for Women" in the Houston area, people were stunned that I chose to go watch my kids play football and soccer and not attend the "time out". If anyone needed it it was me the told me. I'm sure the confernce was wonderful, but I would be wondering how my kids games were going and not be able to enjoy the conference. Is there anything wrong with that? I don't think so. If it's not alright for you then don't do it, but I enjoy watching my kids play sports and all their other activities.












1 comment:

featherhead said...

I love the words "choice" and "responsibility" (just ask my children). Too bad more Moms weren't like you in taking "responsibility" for their "choices".