Wednesday, July 13, 2011

He's Home

Last week was a little more eventful than I would have liked.
On July 7th my Dad was diagnosed with PAD (Peripheral Artery Disease), basically he had a blocked artery in his leg and he wasn't getting any blood flow to his foot. On July 8th he was taken into surgery to clean out the artery. When they got in they realized there was a lot more blockage than they thought, like of foot of blockage. They closed him up and examined his options, which the only one was bypass surgery, or he would lose his leg. On July 9th he had the bypass surgery. My dad figured he already payed his copay to be in the hospital, was there and why pay it again. They were able to find a good blood vessel to to graphed in as an artery and the surgery went well. By that night he was passing out "Badgers" (tootsie rolls) to the nurses and doctors. He has hardly used any pain meds and he came home today. He actually called me and he sounded really good on the phone. It was hard not being there through all of this, as much as we like where we live it's just too far from family. I'm grateful that all went well and that he is back home. I know this wasn't easy for my mom either. I'm grateful to friends who gave me words of encouragement as I was worried and so far from my parents. I'm also grateful for the comfort that prayer brings! Look forward to seeing my parents on my way to take Brittney to BYU!

Hi Dad, We love you!

No comments: